Holtby is dealing with an eye injury but it is expected he will be available for Friday's contest against the Islanders.
%W 0.53% | Streak 1
L10: W6 L4 P0
Ottawa is apparently starting rookie goaltender Marcus Hogberg tonight against the defending Stanley Cup champions. Trouble in Canada's capital city tonight at "Alexander the Great" Ovechkin is licking his chops! At least Hogberg will be able to tell his grandchildren he faced the best scoring machine of this era.
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Senators last 5 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 7-2 in Senators last 9 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %77.80% (9)O/U7|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 8-2 in Senators last 10 games a home underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U8|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2-1 in Senators last 8 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %71.40% (8)O/U5|2Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Capitals last 7 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1-1 in Capitals last 6 games as a road favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %80.00% (6)O/U4|1Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Capitals last 5 games as an underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U9|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1-2 in Capitals last 7 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %80.00% (7)O/U1|4Push2W/L
Washington Capitals last injuries
Eller has an upper-body injury but his status for Monday's matchup against the Blues will likely see him hit the ice.
Oshie left the previous game due to a concussion and it is unknown if he will be cleared in time for Saturday's matchup against the Blue Jackets.
Orlov exited the last game with an upper-body injury and it is uncertain if he will play against the Blue Jackets on Saturday.
Backstrom was held out of the previous game due to an illness but it is likely he will lace up for Thursday's matchup against the Bruins.
Holtby is not expected to play against the Flyers on Tuesday as he is to be rested.
Ottawa Senators last injuries
Harpur has missed the last four games with a shoulder injury and it has yet to be established if he will face the Blues on Saturday.
Borowiecki left the last game with a lower-body injury and it is unclear if he will play Saturday against the Blues.
White is on injured reserve due to a left shoulder injury and will remain out until after the All-Star break.
Anderson has been activated from the injured reserve list after recuperating from a concussion and is likely to be available for Friday's contest versus the Hurricanes.
Duchene is away from the team due to the birth of his child but is likely to return in time for Wednesday's matchup against the Avalanche.
Chabot has been activated from the injured reserve list after healing from an upper-body injury and is expected to return Wednesday against the Avalanche.
Pageau has been placed on the injured reserve list due to a severe Achilles injury and it is unknown if he will make his season debut against the Hurricanes on Sunday.