Gardiner was held out of the previous game with back spams and it is unknown if he will face the Capitals on Wednesday.
%W 0.52% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L5 P1
Toronto has seen its future now that star winger William Nylander has returned to the fold. The Leafs now trail Tampa Bay by six points. The Lightning are reasonably healthy and are playing great hockey at both ends of the ice.
The Lightning own a seven-game winning streak and 10 of their last 11
to open-up a six-point lead on Toronto in the league and Atlantic
Division standings. Toronto is off a 4-1 win over Carolina and does own a
game in hand.
%W 0.48% | Streak 1
L10: W3 L7 P0
Tampa Bay Trends
- TrendOver is 18-7-3 in Lightning last 28 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %72.00% (28)O/U18|7Push3W/L
- TrendOver is 14-5-1 in Lightning last 20 games a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %73.70% (20)O/U14|5Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Lightning last 5 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Lightning last 7 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-0 in Maple Leafs last 7 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (7)O/U7|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-1-1 in Maple Leafs last 5 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U3|1Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Maple Leafs last 4 games as an underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 35-16-1 in Maple Leafs last 52 games as a favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %68.60% (52)O/U35|13Push3W/L
Toronto Maple Leafs last injuries
Johnsson sustained a concussion and it is uncertain when he will be cleared to return to action.
Sparks has passed the league-mandated concussion protocol and is expected to return to action against the Avalanche on Monday.
Anderson has landed on injured reserve with a groin injury and is also battling the flu. It is anticipated that he will be activated prior to Monday's game against the Avalanche.
Hyman has been activated from the injured reserve list after healing from a sprained ankle and is likely to return to action Thursday against the Devils.
Tampa Bay Lightning last injuries
Johnson missed the previous game due to a lower-body injury and a return January 30 against the Penguins is uncertain.
Hedman left the previous game due to an upper-body injury but is expected to suit up for Tuesday's matchup against the Stars.
Stralman is unlikely to play Saturday against the Sabres as he will be given the night off.
Callahan has sat out the previous two games with an upper-body injury but it is likely he will suit up against the Sabres on Saturday.
Miller is on injured reserve with an upper-body injury but it is expected he will return to the lineup for Saturday's matchup versus the Sabres.