Neuvirth has landed on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury and it is unknown when he will return to the crease.
This may not be the Bridgestone Winter Classic -- that New Year's game is between the Bruins and Blackhawks at Notre Dame Stadium -- but tonight's contest is taking place at the Bridgestone Arena. That means home ice for one of the best teams in the league, and that's been a pretty tough combination this season. The Predators are 14-7 here although they didn't need that home ice advantage yesterday to take down the defending Stanley Cup Champs as the Preds got out of DC with a somewhat easy 6-3 beat-down of a very good Caps team. They're hoping that victory will give them a jump start as they had lost their previous six by a combined score of 19-8. It's also a revenge situation for Nashville, as less than two weeks ago it lost in Philly by a 2-1 margin. They take on a Philadelphia team that is 1-7 in its last eight road games after Monday night's loss to the Hurricanes in Raleigh. The Preds are 7-3 in their last 10 (59-37 in their last 96) when revenging a loss as a favorite. Take Nashville. As always, good luck...Al McMordie.
- TrendUnder is 7-0 in Predators last 7 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (7)O/U0|7Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-4-2 in Predators last 16 games as a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %71.40% (16)O/U4|10Push2W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Predators last 6 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Predators last 4 games a home underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-2 in Flyers last 6 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (6)O/U1|3Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-2 in Flyers last 6 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
Philadelphia Flyers last injuries
Stolarz sustained an injury to his lower body and is on injured reserve. He is likely to remain sidelined until at least the end of January.
van Riemsdyk has an unspecified injury but is likely to play Monday against the Wild.
MacDonald has been designated for the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury but is expected to return against the Wild on Monday.
Nashville Predators last injuries
Turris is on injured reserve with a lower-body issue and is not expected to return to the lineup until the early part of February.
Salomaki is on the injured reserve list due to an upper-body injury but is expected to be activated in time for February 1 against the Panthers.
Johansen has been suspended two games for high-sticking and is eligible to return to action Wednesday against the Golden Knights.
Rinaldo is on the injured reserve list with an unspecified injury. There is no definitive timetable set for his return.
Weber has been activated from the injured reserve after healing from an unspecified injury and is projected to return Tuesday versus the Capitals.
Saros was held out of the previous game due to an illness but it likely he will be available Sunday against the Hurricanes.
Forsberg has been activated from injured reserve after recovering from a hand injury. He is expected to return Monday against the Maple Leafs.