Myers was held out of previous game with an illness and it is unknown if he will suit up Thursday against the Blackhawks.
This may not be the Bridgestone Winter Classic -- that New Year's game is between the Bruins and Blackhawks at Notre Dame Stadium -- but tonight's contest is taking place at the Bridgestone Arena. That means home ice for one of the best teams in the league, and that's been a pretty tough combination this season. The Predators are 14-7 here although they didn't need that home ice advantage yesterday to take down the defending Stanley Cup Champs as the Preds got out of DC with a somewhat easy 6-3 beat-down of a very good Caps team. They're hoping that victory will give them a jump start as they had lost their previous six by a combined score of 19-8. It's also a revenge situation for Nashville, as less than two weeks ago it lost in Philly by a 2-1 margin. They take on a Philadelphia team that is 1-7 in its last eight road games after Monday night's loss to the Hurricanes in Raleigh. The Preds are 7-3 in their last 10 (59-37 in their last 96) when revenging a loss as a favorite. Take Nashville. As always, good luck...Al McMordie.
- TrendUnder is 7-0 in Predators last 7 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (7)O/U0|7Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-4-2 in Predators last 16 games as a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %71.40% (16)O/U4|10Push2W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Predators last 6 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Predators last 4 games a home underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-2 in Flyers last 6 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (6)O/U1|3Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Flyers last 5 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-2 in Flyers last 6 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
Philadelphia Flyers last injuries
Morin sat out the last game due to an illness and it is unclear if he will play against the Blackhawks on Thursday.
Giroux is battling an illness but is expected to play Sunday versus the Penguins.
Morin has been removed from the injured reserve list where he is recovering from a torn ACL but it is unclear when he will make his season debut.
Voracek has been suspended two games for inference against an opponent. He is likely to be reinstated in time for Friday's contest versus the Maple Leafs.
Hart is sidelined with an ankle injury but is projected to return Monday against the Senators.
Voracek has been held out the past two games due to a lower-body injury but it is expected he will suit up against the Islanders on Saturday.
Patrick sat out the previous game due to a concussion and his availability is likely for Saturday's tilt against the Islanders.
Nashville Predators last injuries
Watson has been reinstated by the NHL from his suspension for violating the league's stance on substance abuse but it is uncertain if he will play Thursday against the Penguins.
Hartman missed the previous game with an illness and it is unclear if he will be back in the lineup for Sunday's tilt with the Penguins.
Turris is not expected to play Thursday against the Kings due to an unspecified injury.
Arvidsson is tending to an unspecified injury and will not face the Ducks on Tuesday.
Forsberg missed the last game due to an upper-body injury but it is not expected to impede his status for Tuesday's contest against the Ducks.
Brickely is battling an illness and did not play in the last game. It is unclear if he will participate in Monday's contest versus the Oilers.
Weber was held out of the last game due to an upper-body injury but he will be in Saturday's lineup versus the Hurricanes.
Boyle sat out the previous game with a lower-body injury but it is unlikely to prevent him playing against the Wild on Tuesday.