Weegar has been placed on injured reserve as he goes through the league-mandated concussion protocol. It is unknown if he will be cleared in time for February 1 against the Predators.
%W 0.53% | Streak 1
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Edmonton defense is in shambles, witness the last game and its
thorough manhandling by the San Jose Sharks. Florida is on a three-game
losing streak, but has been up against strong competition.
%W 0.46% | Streak 1
L10: W5 L4 P1
Love the value here with Edmonton as a small home favorite against the Panthers. Edmonton hasn't played as well as they would have hoped for, but are still within striking distance and should be primed for a big showing in their first game back home after a 4-game road trip. It will be their first home game of 2019.
While wins have been tough to come by for Edmonton, they did take 2 of 4 on their road trip and are catching Florida at the perfect time. The Panthers have lost 3 straight and things got so bad in their last game at Pittsburgh, head coach Bob Boughner had to pull guys for a lack of effort. Florida has allowed the first goal in 7 straight games and simply aren't a team to be trusted in the slightest on the road.
It's also worth noting that Edmonton will be out for revenge from a 4-1 loss at Florida back in November, as this sets the Oilers up in a very profitable system. Favorites revenging a road loss of 2 or more goals and are off a road loss to a division rival are a dominant 78-28 (74%) against the money line over the last 5 seasons. Take Edmonton!
%W 0.48% | Streak 1
L10: W4 L6 P0
UNDER 6 +112 Florida/Edmonton
- TrendUnder is 3-0-1 in Oilers last 4 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Oilers last 4 games a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Oilers last 5 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 24-9 in Oilers last 33 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %72.70% (33)O/U24|9Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Panthers last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Panthers last 6 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U24|9Push0W/L
Florida Panthers last injuries
McGinn had back surgery but is eyeing a return sometime following the All-Star break.
Petrovic has landed on injured reserve with a concussion and it has yet to be established when he will be cleared to return.
Barkov is bothered by a hand injury and his status to play Saturday against the Predators is unknown.
Trocheck has been activated from injured reserve where he was recovering from surgery to repair a fractured right ankle. It is unclear if he will be available for Friday's game versus the Maple Leafs.
Bjugstad has been retroactively placed on the injured reserve list with a neck injury but is expected to return Sunday versus Canucks.
Luongo is unlikely to play Thursday against the Flames as he is to be rested.
Edmonton Oilers last injuries
Yamamoto has been placed on the injured reserve list due to an upper-body injury but it is likely he will return Wednesday against the Canucks.
Khaira has an unspecified injury and it is unclear if he will suit up against the Sabres on Monday.
Benning has missed the past three games due to a personal matter and it is unclear if he will return to the lineup against the Panthers on Thursday.
Russell has been activated from the injured reserve list after healing from a lower-body injury and is expected to return for Sunday's game against the Ducks.