Weegar has been placed on injured reserve as he goes through the league-mandated concussion protocol. It is unknown if he will be cleared in time for February 1 against the Predators.
The Panthers ended 2018 on a bit of a roll -- having won four of their last five games. But before we proclaim that this team will be able to compete with the likes of the Lightning, Caps, and Leafs in the East, let's take a look at who they beat. Those four wins came against the Flyers, Blackhawks, and Red Wings (twice) -- three teams well under .500 and a combined ledger of 45 wins and 65 losses. Before that little softball of a break in their schedule, the Panthers had lost five of seven. Oddly enough, one of those two victories was against this Sabres team on December 18 (and they also beat them the time before that). So the Sabres have some serious revenge business to take care of tonight. And that's an angle that's worked well for this team as Buffalo is 5-1 in its last six (14-7 in its last 21) revenging a home blowout loss of three or more goals. Take Buffalo. As always, good luck...Al McMordie. And don't miss any of my RED-HOT Winners. We're 30-10 our last 40 NFL, and have 3 big NFL plays already posted for Wild Card action. And we also are 8-0 our last 8 Bowl Plays, and have our NCAA Game of the Month in Monday's Championship Game.
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Sabres last 6 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-0 in Sabres last 5 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U5|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-2 in Sabres last 10 games as a home underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U2|8Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-1 in Sabres last 7 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U6|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Panthers last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Panthers last 5 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U5|0Push0W/L
Florida Panthers last injuries
McGinn had back surgery but is eyeing a return sometime following the All-Star break.
Petrovic has landed on injured reserve with a concussion and it has yet to be established when he will be cleared to return.
Barkov is bothered by a hand injury and his status to play Saturday against the Predators is unknown.
Trocheck has been activated from injured reserve where he was recovering from surgery to repair a fractured right ankle. It is unclear if he will be available for Friday's game versus the Maple Leafs.
Bjugstad has been retroactively placed on the injured reserve list with a neck injury but is expected to return Sunday versus Canucks.
Luongo is unlikely to play Thursday against the Flames as he is to be rested.
Buffalo Sabres last injuries
Skinner is dealing with an undefined injury but it is expected he will play against the Canucks on Friday.
Eichel has landed on the injured reserve list with an upper-body injury but it is likely he will be activated in time for Friday's game against the Hurricanes.
Reinhart is ailing from an illness but it is expected that the symptoms will subside in time for Tuesday's clash with the Devils.
Girgensons has been activated from the injured reserve list after healing from an upper-body injury and is expected to be available for Tuesday's game against the Devils.