Malgin is sidelined with an injury to his lower body and it is uncertain when he will draw back into the lineup.
The Panthers ended 2018 on a bit of a roll -- having won four of their last five games. But before we proclaim that this team will be able to compete with the likes of the Lightning, Caps, and Leafs in the East, let's take a look at who they beat. Those four wins came against the Flyers, Blackhawks, and Red Wings (twice) -- three teams well under .500 and a combined ledger of 45 wins and 65 losses. Before that little softball of a break in their schedule, the Panthers had lost five of seven. Oddly enough, one of those two victories was against this Sabres team on December 18 (and they also beat them the time before that). So the Sabres have some serious revenge business to take care of tonight. And that's an angle that's worked well for this team as Buffalo is 5-1 in its last six (14-7 in its last 21) revenging a home blowout loss of three or more goals. Take Buffalo. As always, good luck...Al McMordie. And don't miss any of my RED-HOT Winners. We're 30-10 our last 40 NFL, and have 3 big NFL plays already posted for Wild Card action. And we also are 8-0 our last 8 Bowl Plays, and have our NCAA Game of the Month in Monday's Championship Game.
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Sabres last 6 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-0 in Sabres last 5 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U5|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-2 in Sabres last 10 games as a home underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U2|8Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-1 in Sabres last 7 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U6|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Panthers last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Panthers last 5 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U5|0Push0W/L
Florida Panthers last injuries
Kiselevich is sidelined with an illness and it is uncertain how much time he will be forced to miss.
Sceviour has been activated from the injured reserve with a wrist injury and it is unknown if he will make his return for Sunday's game against the Ducks.
Reimer has missed the past five games with a undetermined injury but is expected to dress for Friday's game versus the Wild.
Weegar has been held out of the previous four games with a lower-body injury but it is expected he will return for Tuesday's matchup against the Penguins.
Buffalo Sabres last injuries
Guhle is nursing an upper-body injury and there is no timetable for return.
Scandella missed the previous game with an upper-body injury but is expected to play against the Blues on Sunday.
Bogosian sat out the last game due to an upper-body injury but will return to face the Hurricanes on Saturday.
Eichel has been issued a two-game suspension for an illegal hit to the head of an opponent but is expected to be reinstated in time for Saturday's contest against the Hurricanes.
Sobotka has missed the previous three games due to an upper-body injury but it is likely he will return Thursday against the Blackhawks.
Bogosian sat out the last game due to a lower-body injury but it is expected he will be a participant in Thursday's matchup against the Blackhawks.