Nielsen sat out the previous game with an upper-body injury, and it is unclear if he will suit up Friday against the Rangers.
NY Islanders Trends
- TrendUnder is 8-3 in Islanders last 11 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %72.70% (11)O/U3|8Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-0-1 in Islanders last 11 games as a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %100.00% (11)O/U0|10Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-0 in Islanders last 4 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-0 in Islanders last 7 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (7)O/U0|7Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Red Wings last 6 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-2 in Red Wings last 6 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (6)O/U0|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 15-5-2 in Red Wings last 22 games as a road underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %75.00% (22)O/U5|15Push2W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-0-1 in Red Wings last 4 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|3Push1W/L
Detroit Red Wings last injuries
Ericsson has been activated from the injured reserve list after recovering from a fractured nose, but it is uncertain when he will return to the lineup.
Mantha has been designated for the injured reserve list due to a rib injury, and he is not expected to return until at least the early part of March.
Green is sidelined with an upper-body injury, and he is expected to miss at least two weeks.
Bernier has been placed on the injured reserve list due to a lower-body injury. He is expected to be held out of action until at least the start of February.
Athanasiou is on the injured reserve list with a lower-body injury and is expected to be out of commission until at least the beginning of February.
Filppula exited the last game with a lower-body injury, but he is expected to be available Monday against the Avalanche.
Daley has been held out of the previous four games due to a lower-body injury, but it is likely that he will play against the Penguins on Friday.
New York Islanders last injuries
Clutterbuck is recovering from wrist surgery while on the injured reserve list and is expected to be sidelined until at least the middle of February.
Bailey exited the last game due to an illness, but it is likely the symptoms will clear up in time for Tuesday's clash against the Rangers.
Martin is battling an upper-body injury, and it is unclear if he will play Sunday against the Hurricanes.
Cizikas has missed the last two games due to a groin injury. It is expected that he will be active Thursday against the Rangers.