Nyquist was absent from the lineup during the previous game with an illness but is expected to suit up against the Blackhawks on Wednesday.
%W 0.52% | Streak 2
L10: W4 L6 P0
This is the most important NHL game of the season up to this point as Toronto’s star forward William Nylander makes his 2018 debut. 28 games into the season without Nylander has every hockey scribe wondering how good can this Leafs team really be
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Maple Leafs last 4 games as an underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 35-16-1 in Maple Leafs last 52 games as a favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %68.60% (52)O/U35|16Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1-1 in Maple Leafs last 7 games as a home favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %83.30% (7)O/U1|5Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-2-1 in Maple Leafs last 9 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %75.00% (9)O/U2|6Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 10-1 in Red Wings last 11 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %90.90% (11)O/U10|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-0-1 in Red Wings last 4 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 18-7-1 in Red Wings last 26 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %72.00% (26)O/U7|18Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 11-1 in Red Wings last 12 games as an underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %91.70% (12)O/U11|1Push0W/L
Detroit Red Wings last injuries
Bernier left the last game due to an upper-body injury and it is unclear if he will be available for Wednesday's contest against the Blackhawks.
Nielsen sat out the last game dealing with a stomach virus but is expected to be ready to return in time for Sunday's game against the Flyers.
Bertuzzi has been placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury but it is expected he will lace up for Saturday's contest against the Flyers.
Daley is on injured reserve with a broken foot but is expected to be available for Tuesday's game against the Predators.
Larkin is sidelined due to a strained oblique but is expected to return to action against the Golden Knights on Thursday.
Rasmussen has returned from a conditioning stint in the minors after a hamstring injury. It is likely he will be activated from injured reserve in time for Thursday's game against the Golden Knights.
Toronto Maple Leafs last injuries
Johnsson missed the last game with a left leg injury and his status is unknown for Tuesday against the Blues.
Ennis has been activated from the injured reserve list after healing from a broken ankle but it is likely he will return Saturday against the Coyotes.
Andersen is not expected to be available Sunday against the Rangers as he is to be rested.