Ponds missed the last game with a lower-back strain but is likely to play Wednesday against Creighton.
The Johnnies come into this road game with (1) loss on their record and that one loss could easily be a 'W' since Seton Hall beat them by 2-points last weekend. The Hoyas get this game at home and are riding a 4-game winning streak but neither of those schools was playing like St. John and today the Johnnies take this road game and continue to pile up winners. The St. John red Storm are 5-1 ATS against conference opponents and the Hoyas are 5-14 ATS their last 19 games.
%W 0.49% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Hoyas aren't a significant drop-off in talent from St. John's, and this one's in D.C. Given we still don't know good the Johnnies are yet -- the noncon strength of schedule is miserable -- Georgetown is the lean at home as a dog.
%W 0.48% | Streak 1
L10: W4 L6 P0
- TrendOver is 5-0 in Hoyas last 5 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U5|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Hoyas last 6 games as an underdog of 13.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-1 in Hoyas last 8 games as a home favorite.Hit %87.50% (8)O/U7|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Hoyas last 4 games as a home underdog of 0.5-6.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
St. John's Trends
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Red Storm last 5 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 19-7 in Red Storm last 26 games as a road underdog of 13.0 or greater.Hit %73.10% (26)O/U19|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Red Storm last 6 games as a road favorite.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Red Storm last 7 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|0Push0W/L
St. John's Red Storm last injuries
Georgetown Hoyas last injuries
Mourning is sidelined with concussion-like symptoms and his return Tuesday against Marquette is uncertain.
McClung has been held out of the last four games with an ankle injury but it is expected he will return against Providence on Saturday.