St. John’s comes in off an 81-66 win over Creighton at home, but I think it’ll take a step back here in this difficult road venue. Butler enters off a convincing 87-69 road win over DePaul and I think it carries that momentum over here in front of the home town crowd.
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W2 L8 P0
St. John’s G Shamorie Ponds is back — with a no-longer-aching back. The 20-ppg scorer was his usual self Wednesday against Creighton after missing a game and is eager to atone for a two-point performance against Butler last season.
%W 0.49% | Streak 3
L10: W6 L4 P0
Shamorie Ponds is back for the Johnnies. SJU easily outpaces Butler in talent. BU could well win this game, but you have to ride St. John's in this game with its full roster available. Five points is a soft cushion, considering how plausible it is for Chris Mullin's team to win this game by at least two possessions.
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Bulldogs last 5 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1-1 in Bulldogs last 6 games as a home underdog of 0.5-6.5.Hit %80.00% (6)O/U1|4Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-1-1 in Bulldogs last 5 games as a home underdog.Hit %75.00% (5)O/U1|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 36-17 in Bulldogs last 53 games as a home favorite of 0.5-6.5.Hit %67.90% (53)O/U36|17Push0W/L
St. John's Trends
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Red Storm last 6 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 19-7 in Red Storm last 26 games as a road underdog of 13.0 or greater.Hit %73.10% (26)O/U19|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Red Storm last 4 games as a road favorite.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Red Storm last 7 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U1|4Push0W/L