Ahrens sustained a Grade 3 left ankle sprain and it is undetermined if he will return during postseason play.
%W 0.47% | Streak 3
L10: W6 L4 P0
Michigan State has won nine straight since losing at Louisville in November. Best of all, the Spartans have covered eight of those games, including their last five. They are strangling teams defensively by holding opponents to 36 percent shooting. Penn State has lost its last three games. In the Nittany Lions' last home game, they lost 71-52 to Wisconsin. Michigan State is the play.
Penn St. Trends
- TrendUnder is 6-2 in Nittany Lions last 8 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U2|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Nittany Lions last 5 games as a home favorite.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 24-8 in Nittany Lions last 32 games as a favorite of 7.0-12.5.Hit %75.00% (32)O/U8|24Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 20-8 in Nittany Lions last 28 games as a home favorite of 7.0-12.5.Hit %71.40% (28)O/U8|20Push0W/L
Michigan St Trends
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Spartans last 7 games as a road favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Spartans last 7 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 13-6 in Spartans last 19 games as a road favorite.Hit %68.40% (19)O/U6|13Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 22-5 in Spartans last 27 games as a road underdog.Hit %81.50% (27)O/U22|5Push0W/L
Michigan St Spartans last injuries
Ward suffered a hairline fracture on his left hand but is expected to return for quarterfinals action against either Ohio State in the Big 10 Tournament.
Ahrens is sidelined due to a back injury but is expected to return Saturday against Michigan.