Travis was lifted from the previous game with a right knee sprain and it is undetermined if he will be in Saturday's lineup versus Auburn.
There’s a different feel around the Georgia basketball program this season, Tom Crean’s first as the Bulldogs head coach. And Crean is going all out to help create a strong homecourt edge against Kentucky tonight. “Our fans have been great. They’ve been building up. We need them to be here early, to be loud, to be crazy, to be obnoxious. Whatever it takes. Early on, establish themselves, be into it, and through everything. If we’re on a run, help us keep it going. If we have got to get a run going, help us get that going. Continue to read the game the way they have, and just be loud.”
More Crean. “It helps sell what not only Georgia basketball is all about, but what the passion of the Georgia fanbase is all about. Probably more importantly. That’s what we’ve got to be able to show. Everything that happens over in that football stadium when it comes to passion, which is second-to-none, we want to build the same level of excitement and enthusiasm inside this 10,000+ Stegeman Coliseum.”
And make no mistake about it —this Georgia squad is good enough to challenge Kentucky, playing tough, ‘in your face’ defense on every possession. For the season, the Bulldogs have allowed just 35% shooting from their opponents at home while going 7-1 ATS on this floor. Kentucky has overwhelming talent, but the execution isn’t there yet for John Calipari’s squad on the highway, as we saw in the Wildcats SU loss as road chalk at Alabama ten days ago. Expect a battle, not a blowout. Take Georgia.
Play on Kentucky -7 -108
%W 0.46% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L5 P1
Love the value here with Georgia as a big home dog against Kentucky. Not the first time we have seen the Wildcats overvalued away from home. Kentucky is just 1-3 SU and 1-3 ATS on the road this season.
This game has been sold out since June. It's just a whole different ballgame when Kentucky comes to your house in the SEC and the atmosphere will be electric tonight. I think Georgia can ride that energy from the fans to a win here and all we need is for them to keep it within 7 points.
Bulldogs come in off a 78-93 loss at Auburn, but I think they are still getting no respect from that earlier 46-point loss at Tennessee. The Vols are simply that good and the Bulldogs are 7-2 ATS last 9 after a straight up loss, 10-1 ATS last 11 after giving up 90+ points and a perfect 6-0 ATS last 6 on the road. Take Georgia!
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Bulldogs last 5 games as a home favorite of 7.0-12.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-3 in Bulldogs last 11 games as a home underdog.Hit %72.70% (11)O/U3|8Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Bulldogs last 7 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Bulldogs last 7 games as a home favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Wildcats last 5 games as a road favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Wildcats last 5 games as a road underdog of 0.5-6.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 11-5 in Wildcats last 16 games as a road underdog of 7.0-12.5.Hit %68.80% (16)O/U11|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 12-5 in Wildcats last 17 games as an underdog of 7.0-12.5.Hit %70.60% (17)O/U1|4Push0W/L