Mason missed the last game with a foot injury but is expected to play against Iowa State in the quarterfinals of the Big-12 Tournament.
The Iowa State Cyclones are probably the best team in the Big 12 right now. They are 7-2 SU & 6-3 ATS in their last nine games overall, including their 78-64 win at first-place Kansas State over the weekend. And now they want to avenge a 3-point loss at Baylor earlier this season against a Bears team that is just a mash unit right now. The Bears are 1-3 SU & 0-3-1 ATS in their last four games overall, losing by 12 at Texas, by 7 at home to Kansas State and by 25 at Texas Tech. They are already missing second-leading scorer Tristan Clark, and leading scorer Makai Mason and third-leading scorer King McClure are both questionable tonight. They just don’t have the firepower to hang with Iowa State now. The Cyclones are 15-4 ATS in their last 19 when revenging a loss as a road favorite. Give me Iowa State.
I'll take my chances with the Cyclones winning by double-digits at home against the Bears. If you just look at the line without doing any research, you might be tempted to take the big number with Baylor. However, the Bears are likely to be short-handed. We know for sure that Tristan Clark won't play and there's a good chance both Makai Mason and King McClure won't be in action.
Those are Baylor's top 3 scorers, who combine average 40.1 points. That's 55.8% of the 71.8 ppg that the Bears average. In their last game without those 3, they managed just 61 points on 35% shooting in a 25-point loss at Texas Tech. Baylor is just 1-3 in their last 4.
Iowa State lost on the road to Bears back in early January, so that should eliminate any looking past Baylor in this one. The Cyclones also are just 1-game back in the loss column for the top spot in the Big 12, so there's more than enough motivation in play. I just think as long as they show up with the right mentality, this thing is going to turn into a blowout. Give me the Cyclones -9!
%W 0.44% | Streak 1
L10: W6 L4 P0
Iowa State Trends
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Cyclones last 5 games as a home underdog.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Cyclones last 5 games as a favorite.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-3 in Cyclones last 10 games as a home underdog of 0.5-6.5.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 39-14-1 in Cyclones last 54 games as an underdog of 7.0-12.5.Hit %73.60% (54)O/U39|14Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-3 in Bears last 12 games as a road favorite of 0.5-6.5.Hit %75.00% (12)O/U3|9Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-0 in Bears last 4 games as a favorite of 13.0 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 15-5-1 in Bears last 21 games as an underdog of 13.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (21)O/U15|5Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3 in Bears last 10 games as a favorite of 7.0-12.5.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U3|7Push0W/L
Baylor Bears last injuries
Iowa State Cyclones last injuries
Talley Jr. has been sidelined with concussion-like symptoms and it is uncertain if he will be cleared in time for the first round of the NCAA Tournament against Ohio State.
Shayok was absent from the lineup during the previous game with an ankle injury and it is uncertain if he will face Texas Tech on Saturday.
Weiler-Babb is nursing a knee contusion but is likely to play against West Virginia on Wednesday.