VanVleet is expected to miss up to five weeks from surgery to correct a partial ligament tear in his left thumb.
%W 0.51% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L3 P1
%W 0.50% | Streak 1
L10: W6 L4 P0
Since John Wall was shelved for the season, the Wizards' scoring and passing has improved, and they're 6-1 ATS the last seven games (Wall's been out the last eight). They come off impressive home wins over the 76ers and Bucks to meet the Raptors, who have covered on the road just once in their last seven road games. I'll take the points with the surging home Wizards.
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L6 P1
The NBA Comp Play is on the Toronto Raptors at 1:00 eastern. Toronto fit a big road favorite system here today that plays on rested road favorites that scored 120 or more at home vs a team like Washington that scored 110 or more and covered at home. These road teams have covered 87% since 1995.
%W 0.47% | Streak 0
L10: W5 L4 P1
The Washington Wizards have really come together as a team since John Wall was announced out for the season with an injury. They clearly didn’t get along with him, and it has also helped that they’ve gotten Otto Porter Jr. back from injury.
- TrendUnder is 21-10-1 in Wizards last 32 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %67.70% (32)O/U10|21Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 16-7 in Wizards last 23 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %69.60% (23)O/U16|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Wizards last 5 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Wizards last 7 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Raptors last 6 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U10|21Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 14-6 in Raptors last 20 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %70.00% (20)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 8-2 in Raptors last 10 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 12-5 in Raptors last 17 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %70.60% (17)O/U8|2Push0W/L
Toronto Raptors last injuries
Loyd is dealing with an unspecified injury but is expected to be available for Wednesday's game against the Wizards.
Valanciunas was recently acquired via trade but is expected to make his team debut Tuesday against the Spurs.
Richardson has missed the previous three games due to right knee soreness and it is unknown if he will be in Friday's lineup against the Nuggets.
Valanciunas is recovering from surgery to repair a dislocated left thumb. He is expected to rejoin the lineup Thursday against the Hawks.
Leonard is hobbled by a sore left knee and will not suit up against the Hawks on Thursday.
Washington Wizards last injuries
Brown Jr. has been held out of the previous five games with a left ankle sprain and it is unclear if he will return against the Hornets on Friday.
Satoransky has been absent from the lineup during the past two games due to a personal matter and his availability for Friday's matchup against the Hornets is clouded.
Green left the last game with left hip tightness but it is not expected to affect his status for Monday's matchup against the Pistons.
Morris is sidelined with transient cervical neuropraxia causing stiffness in his upper-back and neck. He is getting a second opinion about the ailment and is likely to remain out of action until the latter part of February.