Thompson is recovering from a torn ACL in his left knee and is not expected to return to action until the middle of April 2020.
Houston +8.5 (10:30pm)
The Rockets and Warriors played in the Western Conference Finals last
year and went seven games. And they’ve already met once this season
with the Rockets beating the Warriors 107-86. Each of the last six
meetings in this series have seen 211 or fewer combined points.
This is a pretty big spread considering the Rockets have won 10 of their last 11 games. They aren’t just beating bad teams, either, since they defeated the Celtics, Thunder and Blazers during that stretch. They might not win this game on the road without Chris Paul (hamstring) and Eric Gordon (knee), but I don't think this turns into a blowout, so I’ll take the points.
The Warriors have failed to cover four straight home games, but Thursday
night's prime-time showdown with Houston provides a great opportunity
to get on track.
%W 0.52% | Streak 0
L10: W7 L3 P0
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
Chris Paul and Eric Gordon are out, but the "give the ball to Harden and get out of the way" offense has worked. Houston has won and covered in 10 of 11 overall. Houston's defense-first players will still be out there, and this is a Rockets team that gets up for the big games, 9-4 ATS against teams with above.-550 win percentages (compared to 7-11 ATS for Golden State). Houston can very much hang around and cover.
%W 0.47% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Rockets have won and covered their last five games and are 9-1-1 ATS
in their last 11, most of which came without Chris Paul. The Rockets
won 107-86 against the Warriors, who were without Steph Curry, in
Golden State Trends
- TrendOver is 5-2-1 in Warriors last 8 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (8)O/U5|2Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-0 in Warriors last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U0|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Warriors last 7 games as a home favorite.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Warriors last 6 games as a home favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-0 in Rockets last 5 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U5|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 29-14-1 in Rockets last 44 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %67.40% (44)O/U0|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 28-10-1 in Rockets last 39 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %73.70% (39)O/U10|28Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Rockets last 5 games as a road favorite.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
Golden State Warriors last injuries
Durant is recovering from surgery to repair a ruptured right Achilles tendon and is expected to miss the 2019-20 season.
Looney is expected to play in Game 6 of the NBA Finals against the Raptors despite leaving the last game after aggravating his right first costal cartilage non-displaced fracture.
Looney is dealing with a right first costal cartilage non-displaced fracture to his collarbone. He will return to action against the Raptors in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.