Knight has been held out of the past three games with left knee soreness and will not return Saturday against the Lakers.
The Warriors have failed to cover four straight home games, but Thursday
night's prime-time showdown with Houston provides a great opportunity
to get on track.
%W 0.47% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L7 P0
The Rockets have won and covered their last five games and are 9-1-1 ATS
in their last 11, most of which came without Chris Paul. The Rockets
won 107-86 against the Warriors, who were without Steph Curry, in
%W 0.50% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
Chris Paul and Eric Gordon are out, but the "give the ball to Harden and get out of the way" offense has worked. Houston has won and covered in 10 of 11 overall. Houston's defense-first players will still be out there, and this is a Rockets team that gets up for the big games, 9-4 ATS against teams with above.-550 win percentages (compared to 7-11 ATS for Golden State). Houston can very much hang around and cover.
This is a pretty big spread considering the Rockets have won 10 of their last 11 games. They aren’t just beating bad teams, either, since they defeated the Celtics, Thunder and Blazers during that stretch. They might not win this game on the road without Chris Paul (hamstring) and Eric Gordon (knee), but I don't think this turns into a blowout, so I’ll take the points.
Houston +8.5 (10:30pm)
The Rockets and Warriors played in the Western Conference Finals last
year and went seven games. And they’ve already met once this season
with the Rockets beating the Warriors 107-86. Each of the last six
meetings in this series have seen 211 or fewer combined points.
%W 0.52% | Streak 0
L10: W5 L5 P0
Golden State Trends
- TrendOver is 5-2-1 in Warriors last 8 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (8)O/U5|2Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-0 in Warriors last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U0|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Warriors last 7 games as a home favorite.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Warriors last 6 games as a home favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-0 in Rockets last 5 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U5|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 29-14-1 in Rockets last 44 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %67.40% (44)O/U0|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 28-10-1 in Rockets last 39 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %73.70% (39)O/U10|28Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Rockets last 5 games as a road favorite.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
Houston Rockets last injuries
Capela had surgery to repair the ligament damage in his right thumb and will likely need four-to-six weeks to recuperate.
Ennis III sat out the previous game due to a lacerated left calf but it is expected he will suit up against the Lakers on Saturday.
Gordon was lifted from the last game due to a sore knee but it is not expected to impede his status for Saturday's contest against the Lakers.
Gordon has been held out of action with soreness in his right knee and it is unclear if he will be available for Wednesday's contest versus the Nets.
Nene will receive a day of rest and will not be available against the Magic on Sunday.
Paul suffered a Grade 2 left hamstring strain and is expected to remain sidelined until the latter part of January.
Rivers sustained a neck injury last game but is expected to be available for Saturday's contest versus the Trail Blazers.
Golden State Warriors last injuries
Cousins is recuperating from a torn left Achilles tendon that ended his 2017-18 season. He is expected to make his season debut Friday against the Clippers.
Green hurt his knee in the last game but will likely be okay to play Tuesday against the Nuggets.
Livingston was held out of the last game with a sore left knee but it is likely he will suit up against the Bulls on Friday.