Smith Jr. has sat out the previous four games with mid-back tightness and now ailing from an illness. It is unknown if he will return against the Pacers on Saturday or the Bucks on Monday.
%W 0.51% | Streak 0
L10: W7 L3 P0
This line is short, as Dallas has lost nine straight road games. Charlotte has won four straight home games and should cover this small number.
The Hornets will be shorthanded Wednesday with Jeremy Lamb (hamstring)
and Cody Zeller (hand) out, but at least they have a capable backup in
Willy Hernangomez to fill in for Zeller.
%W 0.47% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L7 P0
The Hornets are coming off a 125-100 win against the Magic on New Year's Eve, giving them four straight wins at home. On the road is a different story. They're night and day home and away, shooting and defending significantly better at home
%W 0.49% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L7 P0
%W 0.52% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
Charlotte has turned in three of its best offensive performances over
the last four games. That bodes well for an Over tonight as they host
Dallas in a non-conference matchup where both teams are hungry for a
%W 0.49% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
%W 0.48% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
%W 0.56% | Streak 4
L10: W6 L4 P0
- TrendOver is 16-5 in Hornets last 21 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %76.20% (21)O/U16|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Hornets last 6 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Hornets last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Hornets last 5 games as a home underdog.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 41-20-2 in Mavericks last 63 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %67.20% (63)O/U16|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-2 in Mavericks last 8 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U6|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 19-8 in Mavericks last 27 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %70.40% (27)O/U8|19Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Mavericks last 5 games as a road favorite.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
Dallas Mavericks last injuries
Barea had surgery to repair a torn right Achilles and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Matthews has a right wrist sprain and his status for Saturday's game against the Pacers is unclear.
Nowitzki missed the previous game with an illness but it is expected he will play against the Timberwolves on Friday.
Doncic has a lower-back strain but is expected to face the Suns on Wednesday.
Barea missed the last game with a sore left ankle but is likely to take the court against the Lakers on Monday.
Harris missed the last game with lower-back tightness but is expected to be available for Monday's game versus the Lakers.
Nowitzki may receive a day of rest and his status for Saturday's game against the 76ers is in question.
Charlotte Hornets last injuries
Parker is expected to receive a day of rest and will not be available for Saturday's game versus the Kings.
Lamb has sat out the previous three games due to a strained right hamstring but it is likely he will return against the Clippers on Tuesday.