Smith Jr. has sat out the previous four games with mid-back tightness and now ailing from an illness. It is unknown if he will return against the Pacers on Saturday or the Bucks on Monday.
The Mavericks pulled off a win on the road against the injury-depleted
Hornets in their last game, but they are still just 3-16 away from home
this season. The Celtics are 12-5 on their home floor, leaving them with
a significant advantage despite Kyrie Irving (eye) set to miss this
%W 0.48% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Celtics last 7 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-4 in Celtics last 14 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (14)O/U4|10Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 41-20-2 in Mavericks last 63 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %67.20% (63)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-2 in Mavericks last 8 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 20-8 in Mavericks last 28 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %71.40% (28)O/U8|20Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Mavericks last 5 games as a road favorite.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
Dallas Mavericks last injuries
Barea had surgery to repair a torn right Achilles and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
Matthews has a right wrist sprain and his status for Saturday's game against the Pacers is unclear.
Nowitzki missed the previous game with an illness but it is expected he will play against the Timberwolves on Friday.
Doncic has a lower-back strain but is expected to face the Suns on Wednesday.
Barea missed the last game with a sore left ankle but is likely to take the court against the Lakers on Monday.
Harris missed the last game with lower-back tightness but is expected to be available for Monday's game versus the Lakers.
Nowitzki may receive a day of rest and his status for Saturday's game against the 76ers is in question.
Boston Celtics last injuries
Irving was held out of the previous game due to a right quadriceps contusion but it is not expected to impede his status for Wednesday's matchup with the Raptors.
Smart was absent from the lineup during the last game with an illness but it is likely he will face the Raptors on Wednesday.
Baynes suffered a left fourth metacarpal fracture in his left hand but it is expected he will return Wednesday against the Raptors.
Brown is nursing a bone contusion in his right hand but is expected to be in Monday's lineup against the Nets.
Irving has sat out the last two games with a scratch on his right cornea but is expected to return for Monday's game versus the Nets.
Williams III has sat out the last five games with a left groin strain but it is anticipated that he will likely return Monday against the Nets.
Morris sat out the previous game with a neck soreness but is projected to suit up against the Nets on Monday.