Thompson is sidelined due to left foot soreness but is likely to return toward the end of February.
%W 0.53% | Streak 3
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Cleveland Cavaliers are one of the worst teams in the NBA, and
really in NBA history. They are terrible. The Cavaliers are taking on
the Boston Celtics, who are one of the top teams in the league. But,
look for Boston to play some reserves in more time than usual and allow
for a competitive basketball game.
The Cavaliers are the worst defensive team in the league by a rather
wide margin, but I still feel comfortable taking the Under here. For
one, the Cavs are also one of the worst offensive teams (26th in the
league), and the Celtics boast one of the best defenses (5th).
%W 0.51% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
Look for the Celtics to shut down Cleveland and take their foot off the gas late. Go Under.
%W 0.51% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Cleveland Cavaliers are probably the worst team in the NBA, but this spread is too large to pass up. Especially with both Al Horford and Kyrie Irving missing from a Celtics team that isn't living up to preseason expectations.
- TrendUnder is 10-4 in Celtics last 14 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (14)O/U4|10Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Celtics last 6 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 14-5-1 in Cavaliers last 20 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %73.70% (20)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-2 in Cavaliers last 11 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %81.80% (11)O/U5|1Push0W/L
Cleveland Cavaliers last injuries
Osman has missed the previous four games with a sprained right ankle and it is likely he will return Wednesday against the Nets.
Zizic sat out the previous game with lower-back soreness but it is expected he will suit up against the Nets on Wednesday.
Love will not be available for Wednesday's game versus the Nets as he will be given a day of rest.
Love is expected to suit up against the Knicks on Monday despite recently coming off of a prolonged toe injury.
Love will get the night off Saturday against the Pacers.
Hill has a right leg contusion but is expected to be fine for Friday's contest against the Mavericks.
Chriss was recently acquired in a trade and is likely to participate in Friday's game against the Wizards.
Boston Celtics last injuries
Williams III missed his second-straight game due to a sore lower back and it is unknown if he will draw back into the lineup Thursday against the Bucks.
Irving has been held out of the previous two games with a strained right knee but is likely to return to action against the Bucks on Thursday, provided no setbacks occur.
Baynes has a left foot contusion and is expected to be sidelined until the beginning of March.
Rozier missed the last game due to an illness but is expected to be available for Thursday's matchup against the Bucks.
Theis is nursing a sore left knee and it is unknown if he will play against the Clippers on Saturday.
Williams III missed his second-straight game with lower-back soreness but is likely to be available Saturday against the Clippers.
Morris missed the last game with a sore right knee but it is not expected to impede his status for Thursday's matchup against the Lakers.
Irving missed the last game with a strained left hip but is expected to be available Thursday against the Lakers.