Parker has been absent from the lineup during the past three games with a strained back and it is uncertain if he will return Feb. 22 against the Wizards.
I'll take my chances here with San Antonio covering the 8.5-point spread
against the Hornets. I just feel given how well the Spurs are playing
of late, especially at home, and this being such a tough scheduling spot
for Charlotte, there's a high chance San Antonio wins here by
This game has blowout written all over it. The Hornets have lost seven of their last 10 games with their last five losses coming by an average of 21.6 points. They are also 5-15 on the road, overall, while the Spurs are 18-5 on their home floor. This is a big spread, but I still like the Spurs to cover.
The Charlotte Hornets are in a world of hurt these days. They’ve lost
four out of five on their current road trip – three of those losses
coming in blowout fashion by 13 points or more.
%W 0.51% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
The Spurs have won four straight in this series, by an average of 12.3 points. They've won seven in a row at home overall, while Charlotte comes in on a 2-9 SU and ATS road skid. Lay it.
%W 0.47% | Streak 3
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Spurs have one of the most rapidly rising ratings in the NBA,
especially at home where they've gone an incredible 17-6 ATS. They're
16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 games and 7-1 ATS in their last eight as the
San Antonio Trends
- TrendUnder is 3-0-1 in Spurs last 4 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Spurs last 7 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 16-5 in Hornets last 21 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %76.20% (21)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Hornets last 6 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Hornets last 4 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U8|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Hornets last 5 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
Charlotte Hornets last injuries
Biyombo will not be available for Thursday's game against the Magic as he will receive a day of rest.
Zeller sustained a fractured right hand but will likely return to the lineup against the Clippers on Tuesday.
Parker is bothered by ankle soreness but will likely play Tuesday against the Clippers.
Parker is hampered by soreness in his right ankle but is expected to face the Hornets on Saturday.
San Antonio Spurs last injuries
Walker IV has been held out of the previous three games with a sprained right ankle and it is unclear if he will return Feb. 22 against the Raptors.
Gay missed the last game dealing with a left ankle sprain but it is not expected to affect his status for Tuesday's matchup against the Grizzlies.
White has plantar fasciitis in his foot and is expected to remain out of the lineup until after the All-Star break.
Aldridge will not play Wednesday against the Warriors due to a routine night off.
DeRozan will be rested Wednesday and will not play against the Warriors.
Cunningham missed the last game due to a right ankle soreness but is likely to suit up Monday against the Kings.