Parker has been absent from the lineup due to a personal matter but is likely to be available against the Magic on Wednesday.
I'll take my chances here with San Antonio covering the 8.5-point spread
against the Hornets. I just feel given how well the Spurs are playing
of late, especially at home, and this being such a tough scheduling spot
for Charlotte, there's a high chance San Antonio wins here by
This game has blowout written all over it. The Hornets have lost seven of their last 10 games with their last five losses coming by an average of 21.6 points. They are also 5-15 on the road, overall, while the Spurs are 18-5 on their home floor. This is a big spread, but I still like the Spurs to cover.
%W 0.52% | Streak 0
L10: W5 L4 P1
The Charlotte Hornets are in a world of hurt these days. They’ve lost
four out of five on their current road trip – three of those losses
coming in blowout fashion by 13 points or more.
%W 0.51% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
The Spurs have won four straight in this series, by an average of 12.3 points. They've won seven in a row at home overall, while Charlotte comes in on a 2-9 SU and ATS road skid. Lay it.
%W 0.47% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Spurs have one of the most rapidly rising ratings in the NBA,
especially at home where they've gone an incredible 17-6 ATS. They're
16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 games and 7-1 ATS in their last eight as the
San Antonio Trends
- TrendUnder is 3-0-1 in Spurs last 4 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Spurs last 7 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 16-5 in Hornets last 21 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %76.20% (21)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Hornets last 6 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Hornets last 4 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U8|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Hornets last 5 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
Charlotte Hornets last injuries
Kidd-Gilchrist has been absent from the lineup during the past two games due to a personal matter but it is expected he will dress for Wednesday's matchup with the Magic.
Williams has missed the previous five games due to a right foot strain and will not return Wednesday against the Magic.
Mack missed the last game due to a personal matter but is likely to be available against the Magic on Wednesday.
San Antonio Spurs last injuries
Cunningham is ailing from upper-respiratory congestion and it is unknown if he will suit up for Game 2 of the Western Conference first round against the Nuggets.
Gasol is recuperating from soreness in his left foot and is targeting a return during the end of April if the team remains in the playoffs.