Williams III missed his second-straight game due to a sore lower back and it is unknown if he will draw back into the lineup Thursday against the Bucks.
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W7 L3 P0
think 216 is a high point total to set for Friday night's matchup
between the Boston Celtics and New York Knicks. Fresh
off a blockbuster trade, I think the Knicks will be a bit sluggish.
Meanwhile, the Celtics can't be counted on to put up a lot of points.
%W 0.51% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
The Knicks were already one of the most inefficient offenses in the NBA, and that was before they traded away their leading scorer on Thursday. The spread in this game is a bit much for me, though, so I'll just rely on the Knicks not scoring enough for this game to go over.
%W 0.50% | Streak 4
L10: W8 L2 P0
%W 0.50% | Streak 1
L10: W6 L4 P0
Half the Knicks' team and most of its expected starting lineup moving
forward won't suit up Friday. New York already had the worst home record
in the NBA, so they can't lean on a boost there.
New York Trends
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Knicks last 5 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-3 in Knicks last 10 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Knicks last 7 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-2 in Knicks last 12 games as a home favorite.Hit %83.30% (12)O/U2|10Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 18-7-1 in Celtics last 26 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %72.00% (26)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 11-4 in Celtics last 15 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %73.30% (15)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
Boston Celtics last injuries
Irving has been held out of the previous two games with a strained right knee but is likely to return to action against the Bucks on Thursday, provided no setbacks occur.
Baynes has a left foot contusion and is expected to be sidelined until the beginning of March.
Rozier missed the last game due to an illness but is expected to be available for Thursday's matchup against the Bucks.
Theis is nursing a sore left knee and it is unknown if he will play against the Clippers on Saturday.
Williams III missed his second-straight game with lower-back soreness but is likely to be available Saturday against the Clippers.
Morris missed the last game with a sore right knee but it is not expected to impede his status for Thursday's matchup against the Lakers.
Irving missed the last game with a strained left hip but is expected to be available Thursday against the Lakers.
New York Knicks last injuries
Mudiay has been held out of action with a strained left shoulder and it is unknown if he will return to action against the Timberwolves on Feb. 22.
Hezonja sat out the last game with left leg contusion and it is uncertain if he will play against Feb. 22 against the Timberwolves.
Ntilikina is sidelined with a sore groin and is expected to remain out of the lineup until after the All-Star break.
Gallinari has been held out of action with lower-back spasms but it is expected he will return Thursday against the Pacers.
Burke was recently acquired via a trade and it is likely he will make his debut Wednesday against the Hornets.
Robinson was held out of the previous game due to an illness but it is expected that the symptoms will subside in time for Tuesday's contest against the Pistons.