Mudiay has been held out of action with a strained left shoulder and it is unknown if he will return to action against the Timberwolves on Friday.
I'll take my chances here laying the big number with Boston, who we know is the far superior team and isn't going to be overlooking this matchup. That's because two weeks ago the Celtics lost at home to the Knicks 117-109 as a 14.5-point favorite.
%W 0.56% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L7 P0
%W 0.56% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L7 P0
The New York Knicks are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games overall. That
includes outright wins as 7.5-point or more dogs against the Celtics,
Pelicans, Grizzlies and Bucks.
With the Celtics in revenge, they should help drive the score tonight.
Trend wise the Knicks are 6-1 OVER off a SU loss, and 4-0 OVER after an
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W7 L3 P0
Give me the over in this one. The over is 4-0 in the Knicks last 4
games following an ATS loss. The over is also 4-0 in the Celtics last 4
games overall. Take the over.?
%W 0.51% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
The road team has won each meeting this season, and the Knicks continue to offer value. They've covered six of their past eight. Grab the points.
%W 0.51% | Streak 0
L10: W3 L6 P1
The Celtics are only 10-13 ATS this season, and already lost to the Knicks at home earlier this season. In their matchup at Madison Square Garden the Celtics won, but only by two points. Maybe last year's Celtics cover this spread, but not this year's team.
%W 0.49% | Streak 3
L10: W6 L4 P0
- TrendUnder is 10-4 in Celtics last 14 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (14)O/U4|10Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 12-4-1 in Celtics last 17 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (17)O/U12|4Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
New York Trends
- TrendOver is 6-1 in Knicks last 7 games as an underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-3 in Knicks last 10 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U12|4Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 7-3 in Knicks last 10 games as a road underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Knicks last 5 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
New York Knicks last injuries
Ntilikina is sidelined with a sore groin and is expected to remain out of the lineup until at least the end of February.
Hezonja sat out the last game with left leg contusion and it is uncertain if he will play against Friday against the Timberwolves.
Porzingis is recovering from surgery to repair a torn ACL in his left knee and will not play this season.
Gallinari has been held out of action with lower-back spasms but it is expected he will return Thursday against the Pacers.
Burke was recently acquired via a trade and it is likely he will make his debut Wednesday against the Hornets.
Boston Celtics last injuries
Williams III missed his second-straight game due to a sore lower back and it is unknown if he will draw back into the lineup Thursday against the Bucks.
Rozier missed the last game due to an illness but is expected to be available for Thursday's matchup against the Bucks.
Irving has been held out of the previous two games with a strained right knee but is likely to return to action against the Bucks on Thursday, provided no setbacks occur.
Baynes has a left foot contusion and is expected to be sidelined until the beginning of March.
Theis is nursing a sore left knee and it is unknown if he will play against the Clippers on Saturday.
Williams III missed his second-straight game with lower-back soreness but is likely to be available Saturday against the Clippers.
Morris missed the last game with a sore right knee but it is not expected to impede his status for Thursday's matchup against the Lakers.
Irving missed the last game with a strained left hip but is expected to be available Thursday against the Lakers.