Kelley has been placed on the 10-day injured list while recuperating from surgery to remove lumps from his vocal cords. He is expected to return to the bullpen for Tuesday's game versus the Mariners.
I’m confused at how the Angels can possibly be this big of a favorite over the Rangers today with how they’ve been playing coming in. The Angels are not only 0-5 in their last 5 games overall, but they have been outscored an eye-opening 58-13 in the five losses. They can’t be trusted to lay this kind of price to the Rangers.
LA Angels Trends
- TrendUnder is 36-16-3 in Angels last 55 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %69.20% (55)O/U16|36Push3W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1-1 in Angels last 6 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %80.00% (6)O/U4|1Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-2-1 in Angels last 11 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (11)O/U2|8Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3-1 in Angels last 11 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %70.00% (11)O/U3|7Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Rangers last 6 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U16|36Push3W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Rangers last 6 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Rangers last 4 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-4-2 in Rangers last 16 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %71.40% (16)O/U4|10Push2W/L
Texas Rangers last injuries
Volquez has been designated for the 60-day injured list due to a right elbow strain. He is expected to be held out of action until at least the start of June.
Heineman is on the 60-day injured list and is expected to be sidelined until at least the start of June while recovering from labrum surgery on his left shoulder.
Andrus sustained a right hamstring strain and has been placed on the 10-day injured list. He has begun a rehab assignment and is projected to return to the lineup Saturday against the Angels.
Hearn is on the 10-day injured list with left elbow tightness and is likely out until at least the early part of June.
Farrell is on the 60-day injured list as he is recovering from surgery to repair a non-displaced fracture in his jaw. He is expected to be shut down until at least the beginning of June.
Santana is expected to suit up against the Mariners on Monday despite a right ankle contusion.
Smyly is nursing an ankle sprain, but is expected to make his next scheduled start Sunday against the Cardinals.
Los Angeles Angels last injuries
Upton has been diagnosed with turf toe and has been moved to the 60-day disabled list. He is expected to be on the IL until at least the middle of June.
Ohtani exited the previous game after taking a pitch off his right ring finger. It is unclear if he will be available for Tuesday's contest against the Twins.
Simmons was forced from the previous game with a left ankle sprain, and he will not suit up Tuesday against the Twins.
Heaney is sidelined with inflammation in his left elbow and has been placed on the 10-day injured list. It is uncertain if he will be activated in time for Sunday's game against the Rangers.
Hermosillo is on the 10-day injured list while recovering from surgery to repair a sports hernia and is not expected to return until at least the beginning of June.
Garcia has landed on the 10-day injured list due to a lumbar spine strain spasm and it is uncertain how long he will be out of action.
Calhoun is away from the team due to the birth of his child but is expected to return to the lineup for Friday's game against the Royals.
Ramirez is on the 60-day injured list after having Tommy John surgery and is expected to be sidelined until sometime in June.