Gyorko has been sent to the 10-day injured list with a lower-back strain. He suffered a left calf strain during his rehabilitation and also had wrist surgery. He is likely be out until sometime in September.
I'll take my chances here with Pittsburgh as a small home favorite
against the Cardinals. The Pirates might not be talked about in the NL
Central in the same light as the Cubs, Cardinals and Brewers, but I
guarantee you this team believes they can compete in this division.
%W 0.49% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
- TrendUnder is 47-21-5 in Pirates last 73 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %69.10% (73)O/U21|47Push5W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Pirates last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 8-2 in Pirates last 10 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U8|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2-3 in Pirates last 10 games as a home underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %71.40% (10)O/U2|5Push3W/L
St. Louis Trends
- TrendOver is 4-1-1 in Cardinals last 6 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (6)O/U21|47Push5W/L
- TrendOver is 13-6 in Cardinals last 19 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %68.40% (19)O/U13|6Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 16-5 in Cardinals last 21 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %76.20% (21)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 11-2 in Cardinals last 13 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %84.60% (13)O/U11|2Push0W/L
St. Louis Cardinals last injuries
Carpenter has been designated for the 10-day injured list due to a right foot contusion, and a timetable for recovery has yet to be provided.
Ozuna has been placed on the 10-day injured list with multiple fractures to the middle and ring fingers on his right hand. It is likely that he will return to the lineup before the end of July.
Molina has landed on the 10-day injured list with a strained tendon in his right thumb and is expected to miss three weeks as a result.
Hicks has been shifted to the 60-day injured list after undergoing season-ending Tommy John surgery to fix a torn UCL in his right elbow.
Mayers has been transferred to the 60-day injured list due to a right shoulder lat strain. He is expected to be sidelined until at least the latter half of July.
Wainwright missed his previous scheduled start due to back spasms, but he is expected to rejoin the rotation Sunday versus the Diamondbacks.
Carpenter has been activated from the 10-day injured list after healing from a lower-back strain and is projected to return to action against the Diamondbacks on Friday.
Pittsburgh Pirates last injuries
Taillon has been shifted to the 60-day injured list with a right elbow flexor strain and is not expected to return to the mound until sometime in August.
Polanco has been placed on the 10-day injured list with left posterior shoulder inflammation. He has suffered a setback during his rehabilitation and is not expected to return until at least the middle of August.
Brault has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder strain. He will be held out of action until at least the early part of August.
Chisenhall fractured his right hand and has been transferred from the 10-day to the 60-day injured list after suffering a setback during his rehab stint. He is not expected to be activated until at least the latter half of July.
Gonzalez has been placed on the 60-day injured list while recovering from surgery to repair a fractured left clavicle. He is expected to be out of action until at least the end of July.
Dickerson left the previous game with a facial laceration. It is unclear if he will be available for Sunday's matchup against the Cubs.
Kela is experiencing lingering discomfort in his right shoulder and has been transferred to the 60-day injured list. He is not expected to return to the mound until the end of July.
Williams has been activated from the paternity list and is expected to make his next scheduled start Sunday against the Cubs.