Posey will be given a day of rest, leaving him absent from the starting lineup against the Nationals on Thursday.
- TrendOver is 22-7 in Nationals last 29 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %75.90% (29)O/U22|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 20-8 in Nationals last 28 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %71.40% (28)O/U20|8Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-2 in Nationals last 9 games as a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %77.80% (9)O/U2|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 10-4-1 in Nationals last 15 home games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (15)O/U10|4Push1W/L
San Francisco Trends
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Giants last 6 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-0-1 in Giants last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U22|7Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Giants last 5 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-0 in Giants last 5 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U0|5Push0W/L
San Francisco Giants last injuries
Cueto is on the 60-day injured list while recovering from Tommy John surgery, but he is aiming to return sometime in September.
Fernandez underwent Tommy John surgery and will likely be out of game action until the middle of July while on the 60-day injured list.
Belt will not play Saturday versus the Rockies due to neck stiffness.
Parra was forced from the last game with a lip laceration. He is likely to return for Tuesday's matchup versus the Padres.
Posey is unlikely to suit up against the Rays on Sunday as he is to be rested.
Washington Nationals last injuries
Miller has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a back strain and is likely to remain on the shelf until at least the end of April.
Adams missed the last game with a twisted ankle but will likely be available for Tuesday's matchup with the Giants.
Turner is on the 10-day injured list with a broken index finger on his right hand and is expected to miss four to six weeks.
Glover has been designated for the 10-day disabled list with a right forearm strain and is not expected to return until at least the latter part of April.
Scherzer is nursing a right ankle injury but it is expected that he will make his next start Sunday against the Pirates.
Robles is not expected to be in the starting lineup Sunday against the Pirates as he likely will be given the day to rest.
Sipp is experiencing stiffness in his left shoulder and his availability for Friday's matchup with the Pirates has yet to be determined.
Taylor has been activated from the 10-day injured list after healing from a sprained left knee and hip strain. It is unknown if he will suit up Wednesday against the Phillies.