Archer has been added to the 10-day injured list with right shoulder inflammation, and the severity of the ailment is unknown.
St. Louis Trends
- TrendOver is 13-6 in Cardinals last 19 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %68.40% (19)O/U13|6Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 23-10 in Cardinals last 33 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %69.70% (33)O/U23|10Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3 in Cardinals last 10 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U3|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-0 in Cardinals last 6 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (6)O/U6|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 49-23-5 in Pirates last 77 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %68.10% (77)O/U23|49Push5W/L
- TrendOver is 6-0 in Pirates last 6 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %100.00% (6)O/U23|10Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Pirates last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Pirates last 5 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
Pittsburgh Pirates last injuries
Holmes will spend and extended length of time on the 10-day injured list with left quadriceps discomfort.
Crick is serving a three-game suspension for his role in an altercation and is eligible to return Friday against the Reds.
Cervelli has been shifted to the 60-day injured list with a concussion, and he is likely to remain in the league-mandated protocol until at least the start of September.
Diaz is nursing a head injury and will not be available against the Nationals on Wednesday.
Rodriguez has been activated from the 10-day injured list after right shoulder inflammation and will return to the bullpen for Tuesday's game against the Nationals.
Diaz is experiencing concussion-like symptoms, and it is unclear if he will play against the Nationals on Tuesday.
Taillon has been shifted to the 60-day injured list after having Tommy John surgery and flexor tendon repair surgery.
St. Louis Cardinals last injuries
Martinez is expected to until the start of September while on the 10-day injured list with an AC sprain in his right shoulder.
Carpenter is unlikely to be a participant in Tuesday's matchup against the Brewers due to a day of rest.
Molina has been activated from the 10-day injured list after healing from a strained tendon in his right thumb. It is anticipated that he will be available for Tuesday's game versus the Royals.