Taillon has been shifted to the 60-day injured list with a right elbow flexor strain and is not expected to return to the mound until sometime in August.
- TrendOver is 6-1-1 in Astros last 8 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %85.70% (8)O/U6|1Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Astros last 6 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 8-3 in Astros last 11 games a home underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %72.70% (11)O/U8|3Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3 in Astros last 10 interleague games as a favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U3|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 20-7-3 in Pirates last 30 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %74.10% (30)O/U6|1Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 15-6 in Pirates last 21 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %71.40% (21)O/U0|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Pirates last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Pirates last 7 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
Pittsburgh Pirates last injuries
Polanco has been placed on the 10-day injured list with left posterior shoulder inflammation. He has suffered a setback during his rehabilitation and is not expected to return until at least the middle of August.
Brault has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder strain. He will be held out of action until at least the early part of August.
Chisenhall fractured his right hand and has been transferred from the 10-day to the 60-day injured list after suffering a setback during his rehab stint. He is not expected to be activated until at least the latter half of July.
Gonzalez has been placed on the 60-day injured list while recovering from surgery to repair a fractured left clavicle. He is expected to be out of action until at least the end of July.
Dickerson left the previous game with a facial laceration. It is unclear if he will be available for Sunday's matchup against the Cubs.
Kela is experiencing lingering discomfort in his right shoulder and has been transferred to the 60-day injured list. He is not expected to return to the mound until the end of July.
Williams has been activated from the paternity list and is expected to make his next scheduled start Sunday against the Cubs.
Houston Astros last injuries
Peacock has been placed on the 10-day injured list with right shoulder discomfort. He sustained a setback in his recovery and is expected to be out until at least the start of August.
Correa fractured a rib and is on the 60-day injured list. He is aiming to return to action against the Cardinals on July 26.
Diaz is on the 10-day IL with a hamstring strain and is expected to be idle until at least the end of July.
Smith has been activated from the 60-day injured list after recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon. It is likely that he will be available for Sunday's game versus the Rangers.
Marisnick will serve a two-game suspension for his role in a collision with an opposing player. He is eligible to return to the lineup for Saturday's contest versus the Rangers.
Alvarez sat out his second consecutive game due to discomfort in his left knee, and it is unknown if he will face the Angels on Friday.