Williams was scratched from his last scheduled start with flu-like symptoms. He is expected to return to the lineup Monday versus the Cardinals for his next turn in the rotation.
- TrendOver is 6-1-1 in Astros last 8 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %85.70% (8)O/U6|1Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 8-3 in Astros last 11 games a home underdog of +151 to +200.Hit %72.70% (11)O/U8|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Astros last 5 games as a favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Astros last 6 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 20-7-3 in Pirates last 30 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %74.10% (30)O/U6|1Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Pirates last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Pirates last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Pirates last 5 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
Pittsburgh Pirates last injuries
Gonzalez has been placed on the 60-day injured list while recovering from surgery to repair a fractured left clavicle. He hurt his hamstring on a rehab assignment and will likely be sidelined until the start of August.
Taillon has been shifted to the 60-day injured list with a right elbow flexor strain and is not expected to return to the mound until sometime in August.
Kela is experiencing lingering discomfort in his right shoulder and has been transferred to the 60-day injured list. It is unclear if he will be activated prior to Sunday's clash against the Phillies.
Polanco has been placed on the 10-day injured list with left posterior shoulder inflammation. He has suffered a setback during his rehabilitation and is not expected to return until at least the middle of August.
Davis has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a right middle finger blister. He suffered a setback in his recovery and is likely to remain sidelined until the earlier part of August.
Chisenhall fractured his right hand and has been transferred from the 10-day to the 60-day injured list after suffering a setback during his rehab stint. It is unknown when he will be ready for activation.
Brault has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder strain. He will be held out of action until at least the early part of August.
Houston Astros last injuries
Peacock has been placed on the 10-day injured list with right shoulder discomfort. He sustained a setback in his recovery and is expected to be out until at least the middle of August.
James was lifted from Sunday's game with an arm injury.
Correa fractured a rib and is on the 60-day injured list. He is aiming to return to action against the Cardinals on Friday.
Altuve is not expected to be in the starting lineup Saturday against the Rangers as he will likely be given the day to rest.
Diaz is on the 10-day IL with a hamstring strain, and it is unknown if he will return Monday against the Athletics.
Smith has been activated from the 60-day injured list after recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon. It is likely that he will be available for Sunday's game versus the Rangers.
Marisnick will serve a two-game suspension for his role in a collision with an opposing player. He is eligible to return to the lineup for Saturday's contest versus the Rangers.