VanMeter has an anterior muscle strain in his lower leg, and it remains to be seen if he will suit up opening day against the Tigers.
Chi. Cubs Trends
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Cubs last 4 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-1 in Cubs last 8 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %87.50% (8)O/U7|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-2 in Cubs last 9 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %77.80% (9)O/U2|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cubs last 6 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-2-1 in Reds last 9 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %75.00% (9)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 36-16 in Reds last 52 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %69.20% (52)O/U2|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 9-3 in Reds last 12 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %75.00% (12)O/U9|3Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Reds last 6 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
Cincinnati Reds last injuries
Shafer is nursing a flexor mass irritation in his pitching arm, and it is unknown if he will have healed in time for the season opener versus the Tigers.
Galvis is battling shoulder soreness and a tight left quadriceps. His status for July 24 against the Tigers is unclear.
Chicago Cubs last injuries
Morrow is recuperating from elbow surgery which forced him to miss the entire 2019 season. He also suffered a Grade 1 calf strain, and it has yet to be determined if he will play in the season opener versus the Brewers.
Quintana is recovering from surgery to repair nerve damage in his left thumb, and a timetable for return has yet to be established.