Edwards Jr. has been added to the 10-day injured list with a right shoulder strain, and it is unclear how long he will be idle for.
St. Louis Trends
- TrendUnder is 22-8-2 in Cardinals last 32 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %73.30% (32)O/U8|22Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 13-6 in Cardinals last 19 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %68.40% (19)O/U13|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3 in Cardinals last 10 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U3|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 15-5 in Cardinals last 20 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %75.00% (20)O/U15|5Push0W/L
Chi. Cubs Trends
- TrendUnder is 5-1-1 in Cubs last 7 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (7)O/U8|22Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 7-1 in Cubs last 8 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %87.50% (8)O/U13|6Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Cubs last 7 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 12-2 in Cubs last 14 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.Hit %85.70% (14)O/U1|8Push0W/L
Chicago Cubs last injuries
Kimbrel has been added to the 10-day injured list with swelling in his right knee, and it is unknown if he will return Saturday against the Pirates.
Zobrist is away from the team due to a personal matter and is expected to be absent from the club until the latter part of August.
Cishek has been ticketed for the 10-day injured list with left hip inflammation but is expected to be activated in time for Tuesday's game against the Giants.
Kintzler has been reinstated from the 10-day injured list after right pectoral inflammation, and he will make his return to the bullpen Friday against the Pirates.
Webster has been transferred to the 60-day injured list due to radial nerve inflammation in his right arm. He is likely to be out of commission until late August.
Cedeno has been transferred to the 60-day injured list due left wrist inflammation. He is likely to be out until late August.
Heyward sat out the last game due to left knee inflammation, and he will not play Thursday against the Phillies.
St. Louis Cardinals last injuries
Martinez is expected to spend three to four weeks on the 10-day injured list with an AC sprain in his right shoulder.
Molina has been activated from the 10-day injured list after healing from a strained tendon in his right thumb. It is anticipated that he will be available for Tuesday's game versus the Royals.
Carpenter departed the last game due to a foot injury, and it is unclear if he will draw back into the lineup against the Pirates on Friday.
Gyorko has been moved to the 60-day injured list with a lower-back strain. He suffered a left calf strain during his rehabilitation and also had wrist surgery. He is likely be out until sometime in September.
Carpenter has been activated from the 10-day injured list after recovering from a right foot contusion. He is likely to be available Sunday against the Athletics.
Ozuna has been activated from the 10-day injured list where he was recuperating from multiple fractures to the middle and ring fingers on his right hand. He is expected to be back in action for Saturday's game versus the Athletics.