Karns has been moved to the 60-day injured list with a right forearm strain and is likely to be out of action until at least the beginning of June.
The Orioles should not be dogs to the Rays today. Kevin Gausman is having a great season at 3-3 with a 3.48 ERA in 10 starts, including a 2.90 ERA in five road starts. Gausman is 5-5 with a 3.25 ERA in 13 previous starts against the Rays. In his last three starts against the Rays he has given up just 3 earned runs in 20 1/3 innings.
The Rays will once again start Sergio Romo on Sunday. It appears they'll utilize him for one inning of work again before calling on the bullpen. Kevin Cash's peculiar move has raised value with three straight Unders on Romo starts. But here's a spot where one can look for the Over to cash with enough middle- and late-inning runs. Grab the Over.
Tampa Bay Trends
- TrendOver is 6-2 in Rays last 8 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U6|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1-1 in Rays last 7 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %83.30% (7)O/U1|5Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in Rays last 7 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-3 in Rays last 11 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %72.70% (11)O/U3|8Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Orioles last 5 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U6|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Orioles last 5 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-3 in Orioles last 10 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Orioles last 5 games as a road favorite of -110 to -150.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
Baltimore Orioles last injuries
Trumbo has landed on the 60-day injured list while recovering from right knee surgery. He is likely to be out of commission until at least the beginning of June.
Villar is not expected to suit up against the Yankees on Monday due to a day of rest.
Bleier has been activated from the 10-day injured list where he was dealing with tendinitis in his left shoulder. He is expected to be back in the bullpen for Thursday's game against the Indians.
Tampa Bay Rays last injuries
Bemboom sustained a left knee sprain and has landed on the 10-day injured list. He is expected to be sidelined for four to six weeks.
Wendle has been placed on the 10-day injured list with a fractured right wrist and is expected to be idle until at least the early part of June.
Perez has been placed on the 10-day injured list with tightness in his right oblique. He will likely be out of game action until the beginning of June.
Duffy has been placed on the 60-day injured list due to back and hamstring discomfort. He is likely to be shut down until at least the start of June.
Diaz departed the last game due to a left hand contusion, and it is unknown if he will play Tuesday against the Dodgers.
De Leon has been transferred to the 60-day injured list after missing the entire 2018 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery. He is likely to be sidelined until the start of June.
Wood has been activated from the 10-day injured list where he was recovering from right shoulder soreness. He is likely to return to the lineup against the Yankees on Saturday.
Heredia was lifted from the last game due to a right hand contusion, and it has yet to be determined if he will be available Friday against the Yankees.