Newcomb left Saturday's game after being hit in the head by a line drive. It is unclear if he will be available for his next scheduled start, Friday against the Nationals.
St. Louis Trends
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cardinals last 6 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 13-6 in Cardinals last 19 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %68.40% (19)O/U13|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3 in Cardinals last 10 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U3|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 9-2 in Cardinals last 11 games as a home favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %81.80% (11)O/U9|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-4 in Braves last 14 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %71.40% (14)O/U13|6Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 14-6-1 in Braves last 21 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %70.00% (21)O/U14|6Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-3 in Braves last 10 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U3|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 14-5 in Braves last 19 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %73.70% (19)O/U14|5Push0W/L
Atlanta Braves last injuries
Donaldson has been suspended one game for his role in an altercation. He is appealing the ruling and will be allowed to play until a final decision has been made.
Gausman is on the 10-day injured list with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. He will miss an extended period.
Inciarte sustained a lumbar strain and has been designated for the 10-day injured list without a timetable for return.
Riley is not expected to be in the starting lineup for Thursday's game versus the Pirates as he is likely to be given a day of rest.
St. Louis Cardinals last injuries
Gyorko has been sent to the 10-day injured list with a lower-back strain, and it is uncertain if he will return to action Tuesday against the Marlins.
Wainwright has been designated for the 10-day injured list due to a mild left hamstring strain and is expected to be away from the mound until at least the end of June.
Helsley has hit the 10-day injured list due to a right shoulder impingement. A timetable for return has yet to be established.
Cecil has been transferred to the 60-day injured list due to left hand Carpal Tunnel syndrome and is expected to be out of action until at least the latter part of July.
Ozuna is not expected to be in the starting lineup Sunday against the Mets as he likely will be given the day to rest.
Goldschmidt is not expected to be in the starting lineup Saturday against the Mets, as he will be given the day to rest.
Mikolas left the last game due to a right forearm contusion, but he is likely to be ready for his next scheduled start Wednesday against the Marlins.
Molina has been activated from the 10-day injured list where he was recovering from a right thumb tendon strain. It is expected he will return to the lineup for Tuesday's game against the Marlins.