Pompey has been moved to the 60-day injured list due to a concussion and is likely to stay on the IL until at least the beginning of August.
No Analisys Provided
When the Yankees traded for RHP Lance Lynn one day before the deadline, they probably figured he would give them some quality innings down the stretch and might even be able to pitch in as a middle reliever if they needed it.
%W 0.49% | Streak 2
L10: W4 L6 P0
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
Luis Severino has a 6.33 ERA in his last eight starts. Something is broken with his delivery and it's not been fixed after nearly two months. He hasn't had a quality start since July 1. Toronto's starting a rookie who took a loss in his season debut Monday against the horrid Royals. But he was a highly touted prospect with a solid fastball, and the Yankees have slumped to .223 hitting over the last two-plus weeks. If he can avoid giving up the long ball, he's got a chance. Toronto's worth the risk at this price.
NY Yankees Trends
- TrendUnder is 6-2-2 in Yankees last 10 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %75.00% (10)O/U2|6Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Yankees last 5 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 32-15-4 in Yankees last 51 games a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %68.10% (51)O/U32|15Push4W/L
- TrendUnder is 25-8-2 in Yankees last 35 home games with the total set at 11.0 or higher.Hit %75.80% (35)O/U8|25Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 10-3 in Blue Jays last 13 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %76.90% (13)O/U2|6Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Blue Jays last 4 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Blue Jays last 4 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-1 in Blue Jays last 7 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U1|6Push0W/L
Toronto Blue Jays last injuries
Thornton is on the 10-day injured list due to right elbow inflammation, and it is uncertain when he will return to the mound.
Shafer exited the last game due to right elbow discomfort, and his availability for Tuesday's matchup against the Indians is clouded.
Buchholz has been shifted to the 60-day injured list with a Grade 2 teres major strain in his right shoulder. He is likely to be away from the starting rotation until at least the early part of August.
Borucki has been activated from the 60-day injured list after healing from left elbow soreness. He is expected to be available prior to Monday's game against the Indians.
Richard has landed on the 10-day injured list with a left lat strain, and a timeline for return has yet to be announced.
Giles has sat out the past three games due to nerve inflammation in his right elbow, but he is likely to return to the mound against the Red Sox on Wednesday.
Guerrero Jr. is not expected to participate in Monday's series opener against the Red Sox due to a day of rest.
New York Yankees last injuries
Heller is on the 60-day injured list while recovering from Tommy John surgery. He suffered a right forearm strain while on a rehab assignment and is targeting a September return.
Loaisiga has been shifted to the 60-day injured list with a right rotator cuff strain and is expected to be idle until at least the beginning of August.
Gardner has missed the last two games with soreness in his right knee, and it is unclear if he will be available for Tuesday's matchup with the Twins.
Ellsbury has been transferred to the 60-day injured list after he missed the last season with hip and foot injuries. He suffered a setback in his recovery, and it is unknown when he will rejoin the lineup.
Betances has been transferred to the 60-day injured list with a shoulder impingement. He suffered a low-grade right lat strain during his recovery and is not expected back until sometime in August.
Bird has been transferred to the 60-day injured list with a left plantar fascia tear. A timeline for his activation has yet to be determined.
Voit exited the previous game with a chin contusion, but is expected to return for Sunday's matchup against the Rockies.
Gonzalez has been activated from the 10-day injured list with a dead left arm. It is expected that he will return to the mound Saturday against the Diamondbacks.