Merryweather is healing from Tommy John surgery and there is no timetable for return.
No Analisys Provided
When the Yankees traded for RHP Lance Lynn one day before the deadline, they probably figured he would give them some quality innings down the stretch and might even be able to pitch in as a middle reliever if they needed it.
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
%W 0.50% | Streak 1
L10: W6 L4 P0
Luis Severino has a 6.33 ERA in his last eight starts. Something is broken with his delivery and it's not been fixed after nearly two months. He hasn't had a quality start since July 1. Toronto's starting a rookie who took a loss in his season debut Monday against the horrid Royals. But he was a highly touted prospect with a solid fastball, and the Yankees have slumped to .223 hitting over the last two-plus weeks. If he can avoid giving up the long ball, he's got a chance. Toronto's worth the risk at this price.
NY Yankees Trends
- TrendUnder is 6-2-2 in Yankees last 10 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %75.00% (10)O/U2|6Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Yankees last 5 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 32-15-4 in Yankees last 51 games a home underdog of +110 to +150.Hit %68.10% (51)O/U32|15Push4W/L
- TrendUnder is 25-8-2 in Yankees last 35 home games with the total set at 11.0 or higher.Hit %75.80% (35)O/U8|25Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 10-3 in Blue Jays last 13 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %76.90% (13)O/U2|6Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Blue Jays last 4 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Blue Jays last 4 road games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-1 in Blue Jays last 7 games as a road underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U1|6Push0W/L
Toronto Blue Jays last injuries
New York Yankees last injuries
Montgomery had Tommy John surgery and is expected to be sidelined until sometime after the All-Star break.
Ellsbury missed the last season with hip and foot injuries. It is unlikely he will be available for the season opener versus the Orioles.
Sanchez is recovering from a left shoulder debridement procedure but is likely to play against the Orioles in the season opener.