Peacock has been placed on the 10-day injured list with right shoulder discomfort. He sustained a setback in his recovery and is expected to be out until at least the middle of August.
%W 0.51% | Streak 2
L10: W5 L5 P0
Charlie Morton didn't fare well in his only start versus Oakland this season, lasting 4.1 innings on July 12.
%W 0.51% | Streak 3
L10: W6 L4 P0
My data has the surging Oakland Athletics posting another win Friday against the visiting Astros, a prime value spot on a more than capable home underdog. Oakland is winning in 55 percent of simulations to provide massive value.
%W 0.50% | Streak 0
L10: W4 L6 P0
The A's haven't lost a game Trevor Cahill started in more than a month, and the guy has a ridiculous 0.99 ERA in seven home starts. Meanwhile, Dallas Keuchel has dominated Oakland, allowing a .218 average in nearly 200 career at-bats. Cahill has allowed seven runs over 9.2 innings against Houston this season, but barring a 10-run outburst against the Rockies, the Astros' offense is scoring just 2.6 runs over the last eight games. Oakland is at 4.9 per game.
%W 0.47% | Streak 0
L10: W6 L4 P0
Edwin Jackson is baffling major league hitters. It's a rare baseball story to see a 34-year-old journeyman called up from the minors and help a team make the playoffs.
- TrendUnder is 6-1 in Athletics last 7 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U1|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-2 in Athletics last 10 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U2|8Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Athletics last 5 home games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-0 in Athletics last 6 games a home underdog of +201 or greater.Hit %100.00% (6)O/U6|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-0-1 in Astros last 5 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U0|4Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Astros last 5 games with the total set at 6.5 or lower.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Astros last 5 games with the total set at 7.0-8.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U2|8Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-0-1 in Astros last 7 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.Hit %100.00% (7)O/U0|6Push1W/L
Houston Astros last injuries
James sat out the previous game due to arm fatigue, and it is unclear if he will be available for Tuesday's matchup against the Athletics.
Correa fractured a rib and is on the 60-day injured list. He is aiming to return to action against the Cardinals on Friday.
Altuve is not expected to be in the starting lineup Saturday against the Rangers as he will likely be given the day to rest.
Diaz is on the 10-day IL with a hamstring strain, and it is unknown if he will return Monday against the Athletics.
Smith has been activated from the 60-day injured list after recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon. It is likely that he will be available for Sunday's game versus the Rangers.
Marisnick will serve a two-game suspension for his role in a collision with an opposing player. He is eligible to return to the lineup for Saturday's contest versus the Rangers.
Oakland Athletics last injuries
Hundley has been placed on the 10-day injured list after having arthroscopic knee surgery. He will likely be out until at least the beginning of August.
Cotton has been transferred to the 60-day injured list while healing from Tommy John surgery. He also had a right hamstring debridement performed, and it is unclear if he will return by the beginning of August.
Anderson left the last game with a fingernail issue on his left middle finger. He has also been added to the paternity leave list and it is unclear if he will be available for his next scheduled start, Thursday against the Rangers.
Estrada has been moved to the 60-day injured list with a lumbar strain. He had an ablation procedure performed on his back and is projected to be absent from the lineup until at least the beginning of September.
Chapman sat out the last two games due to left ankle soreness, but he is expected to play Saturday against the Twins.